- A love for the United States of America, its Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence that came before.
- A love for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and its Constitution.
- A love of our local communities and neighbors.
- A belief that traditional media can no longer separate their reporting from their political agendas.
- A belief that it is the responsibility of all citizens to hold their elected representatives, appointed officials, and government employees to Constitutional and legal account.
- A trust in individuals and families over governments and bureaucracies.
Our focus is on the twelve southwestern Pennsylvania counties of Allegheny (split into five areas for detailed coverage: Pittsburgh City, north, east, south, and west), Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland. We intend to have bloggers and correspondents operating and contributing from each.
The goal is to report from each municipality, school district, State Representative district, and State Senate district. We also intend to cover the 3rd, 9th, 12th, 14th, and 18th US Congressional districts (2012 district map) as they are all in whole or part in the twelve counties.
While our focus is local, we obviously will cover state-wide issues as they impact our area as well as national ones. More importantly, we are going to give the rest of America a view into what happens here. If there is one thing that "Obamacare" proved, it's that all politics are both local and national. The votes a representative from one congressional district in one state casts in Washington, DC have vast implications for citizens in other states. Same goes for the US Senate. A bureaucrat writing regulations in one state can affect the entire country without so much as a whisper of complaint unless we seek them out and bring the truth forth.
If you are interested in joining us, we'd love to have you.